1851 OS Series 1
Shown as a deer park with containing boundaries, such as 'Monks'Wall', and features as Park House and 'Site of Fish Pond', How Hill and chapel
1910 OS 6inch
NYHER MNY 1373
Fountains Park, together with the present Fountains Abbey With Studley Royal, was part of the extensive Fountains Abbey holdings before the Dissolution of the Monastries by Henry VIII in commencing in 1536.
See also neighbouring features Fountains Park Pale & Park House (Fountains Park), How Hill Tower and Aldfield Spa.
Two PRoW's cut across the area, which is otherwise privately owned.
Clicking on the image or icon will do the following:
For images and links to web pages
A new tab or window opens containing the image or web page.
To return to this page, close the new tab or window.