Orchard behind property on S side of main street, Mickley, south east of Shoulder of Mutton. Bounded by back lane to south.
No orchard depicted. Boundaries extant. Plot No. 607. Building to north of orchard demolished.
Site Description: Orchard
Site Access: Footpath to S
Visibility: Good; now part of Eton House garden, access from garden on Mickley Open Gardens day
Micro climate: Sheltered walled garden
Walkways / Gateways / Paths etc: None
Planting: 2 old pear trees in field now belonging to Eton House. Further orchard at back of Eton House: old pear – cordoned, espalier 'gage' and apple, plus 2 old apples.
General Condition: Neglected
Local knowledge: Owners (Parish Clerk)
Other comments: Nfa
Shown on 1856/7 OS map south of main street, bounded on south by Back Lane.
By 1909 OS map, there is no trace.
Can be viewed from Back Lane although on private property.
Clicking on the image or icon will do the following:
For images and links to web pages
A new tab or window opens containing the image or web page.
To return to this page, close the new tab or window.