Series of pathways between boulders
1956 OS SE 26 NW
Site Description: Landscape/Leisure
Site Access: Good
Parking: National Trust carparks
Visibility: Clear NT site
Micro climate: Exposed hilltop site
North boundary: Stone walls
South boundary: Dry stone wall
East boundary: Road
West boundary: Cliff in stone wall
Buildings: Brimham house with walled garden to south 28 yds square
Walkways / Gateways / Paths etc: Several managed tracks
Other man-made features: Tea room and toilets
Natural features: Large rocks
Planting: Managed heathers, birch, mountain ash, bracken, bilberry
General Condition: Well maintained
Local knowledge: In Domesday Book. In 1780 part of Grantley Estate, sold off in 1947. Donated to NT 1970 by Mr R R Ackernley
Other comments: Tearoom since 1836
Identified on 1856/57 OS map as a series of pathways between named feature rocks adjacent to Brimham House.
On the 1909 OS map even more of the stones are identified.
Today the site is a National Trust property donated in 1970
A tea room has been in existence since Edwardian days.
The site details are held on the Parks and Gardens UK database; Record Id: 6845
Record created 13/04/2009
Brimham House is the National Trust office on the site.
Clicking on the image or icon will do the following:
For images and links to web pages
A new tab or window opens containing the image or web page.
To return to this page, close the new tab or window.