Orchard to W of house. Plot no 1138, acreage 1.729 (which includes house and other enclosures).
1946 OS SE 16 SE
Site Description: Orchard
Site Access: Footpath through farmyard adjacent to orchard
NB: This is now diverted to the N of the house.
Micro climate: South-west aspect
North boundary: Dry stone wall – approx 2m20
South boundary: Dry stone wall – approx 1m
East boundary: Dry stone wall – approx 1m
West boundary: Dry stone wall – approx 1m
Walkways / Gateways / Paths etc: Gateway from yard into enclosure on south wall
Natural features: N/A
Planting: Rough grassland
General Condition: Neat
Local knowledge: Orchard attached to 17th farmhouse, built by Ingilby family of Ripley.
Other comments: NFA
An orchard is depicted to the west of a building called Harewell Hall on 1856/57 OS map. The area is 1.83 acres as shown on 1909 OS map.
A footpath runs east-west to the southern boundary wall, but there is no orchard today.
Clicking on the image or icon will do the following:
For images and links to web pages
A new tab or window opens containing the image or web page.
To return to this page, close the new tab or window.