Panaramic view

Ling Park  | OS Grid Ref: 410500,450159  | Site classified as: Park:Place Name  | HPG Ref: 60083

Map Evidence

1853 OS
Place name evidence suggesting park.
1909 OS
Farmstead and area of woodland sharing the same name, situated on township boundary between Nesfield and Middleton. Plot no 246, acreage 0.521.
No change from 1853 OS.
1955 OS
As above

Extract from Site Visit report

Site Description: Park from place name evidence
Site Access: Footpath & public road
Visibility: Clear from road
Micro climate: S facing hillside
Buildings: Now a complex of 4 dwellings
Walkways / Gateways / Paths etc: N/A
Planting: Plantation of larch mostly on site of former quarry
General Condition: N/A
Possible contact: None
Local knowledge: Farmer at Low Ling Farm unaware of origins of name
Recommendations: NFA
Other comments: A small hamlet of 3 farms with some quarrying nearby & a small plantation – possibly 18th C
Recorder: MAH
Date: 10/10/07

Extract from 1851 OS map centred on Site
Extract from OS Landranger map centred on Site
Extract from Google Map image map centred on Site
This page shows (where available) a description of the site and the findings made by the group.
Links to other documents or web pages may also be shown.
If the link is to an image
It will be shown reduced in size.

If the link is to a web page or document
(e.g. a pdf or word file) it will be represented by an appropriate icon.

Clicking on the image or icon will do the following:

For images and links to web pages
A new tab or window opens containing the image or web page.
To return to this page, close the new tab or window.

For documents
This is handled in the way that this PC or device has been configured.

© Historic Parks and Gardens Study Group, 2006- All rights reserved
Acknowledgements to and Ryan Seddon ( for providing web site design including (but not limited to) the menu and email functions.