OS No evidence
Allotment Gardens situated on W side of Bewerley village opposite the green. OS plot no. 707, acreage 1.186
OS Not shown
Site Description: Garden
Site Access: None
Visibility: Clear from road
East boundary: Stone wall to road
Buildings: 4 modern bungalows built in 1970s
Walkways / Gateways / Paths etc: Gap in wall now filled in
Local knowledge: Owner of bungalows remembers allotments when a child, derelict by 1950 and became grazing land.
This plot, once owned by the Yorkes of Bewerley Hall, was included in the 1920s sale of the estate.
By the time of World War 2 the land was being used by some of the villagers as allotments; the owner of one of the bungalows remembers these becoming derelict by 1950 and the land then being used for grazing.
It was subsequently built on by the Foxton brothers.
Bewerley Parish Council Minute Books, Yorke family archives
Clicking on the image or icon will do the following:
For images and links to web pages
A new tab or window opens containing the image or web page.
To return to this page, close the new tab or window.