Orchard to S of buildings.
1957 OS ( SE 26 SW)
Site Description: Orchard: Site of
Site Access: Orchard S of buildings, footpath through the site from S and NW
Visibility: Partial, the former path through the site leading up to the house is no longer accessible. The site can be viewed from the east over the boundary wall.
Micro climate: Sheltered slope with south facing aspect
North boundary: Dry stone wall (approx 2m) ending at the house
South boundary: Dry stone wall (approx 2m) incorporating a garden gate in south corner
East boundary: Dry stone wall (approx 2m)
West boundary: The site has now been incorporated into the ornamental gardens and is now bounded by a lawned area.
Walkways / Gateways / Paths etc: :
A gate in the south corner of the wall and a path leading towards the house
Water features: N/A
Other man-made features: N/A
Natural features: N/A
Planting: Within the area to the E of the house where an orchard is indicated on the 1909 OS map, a couple of old apple trees remain amongst mixed shrubs and ornamental trees dotted in a grassed area.
General Condition: Well maintained ornamental garden, the fruit trees do not appear to be receiving any particular attention.
Possible contact: N/A
Local knowledge: N/A
Other comments: NFA
Clicking on the image or icon will do the following:
For images and links to web pages
A new tab or window opens containing the image or web page.
To return to this page, close the new tab or window.